Sunday 29 January 2012

Mississippi Mud Pie


On Wednesday, when I posted about the awesome Key Lime Pie, I was certain that I would make further use of the M&S books 'Easy Baking' and 'Easy Chocolate' that I got for Christmas. And that I would make more pies. Mississippi Mud Pie is a gooey, chocolaty concoction which I can verify is yummy. I plan to make it as often as possible, and so should you! (Unless you're calorie conscious, in which case you will have missed out on a whole new level of gooey deliciousness.)


Mississippi Mud Pie

serves 12-14
(or 4 in my house)

crumb crust:

140g digestive biscuits
85g pecans (I used walnuts)
1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
85g butter, melted

filling:

225g butter
175g plain chocolate, chopped
125ml golden syrup
4 eggs, beaten
85g pecans/walnuts, finely chopped

Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 9inch loose-bottomed cake tin (I used 8inch). Grind the biscuits, nuts, sugar and cinnamon in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add the melted butter and process again until moistened. Press the crumb mixture into the prepared tin, over the base and about 4cm up the sides. Cover and chill while you make the filling.
Put the butter, chocolate and syrup into a saucepan and melt over a low heat  until smooth and blended. Leave to cool then beat in the eggs and nuts. Pour filling into crumb crust and bake for 30 minutes or until just set but still soft in the centre. Leave to cool on a wire rack, then serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment